Scandic

Scandic was founded in 1963 and since then, we have been a pioneer driving development within the hotel industry. We operate in the mid-market segment under our industry-leading brand, Scandic as well as our innovative compact city concept, HTL. Scandic’s portfolio, which has the largest geographic reach in the Nordic countries, includes hotels that are centrally located in larger cities as well as in business centers and airports, beside major highways or in beautiful natural settings.

Approximately 70 percent of our revenue comes from business travel and conferences, and the remaining 30 percent from leisure travel. Close to 70 percent of our total revenue comes from accommodations and 30 percent from conferences and food and beverage operations, this makes us one of the largest F&B-operators in the Nordic region!

We have a high rate of returning guests and Scandic Friends is the largest loyalty program in the Nordic hotel industry with more than 1.6 million members.

Our business

An attractive hotel concept with a local touch – Scandic is the largest hotel operator in the Nordic region. Our business idea is to manage hotels within the mid-market segment.

Our customer offering is extremely popular among business and leisure travelers as well as people who visit us just to eat, work or socialize. We are constantly developing our popular concept to create the best hotel experience possible. In recent years, the design and whole environment at our hotels has become increasingly important for our guests to enjoy themselves, feel at home and be happy. This, for example, has meant that many of our lobbies have evolved to function as “living rooms” where our guests can work and socialize.

HTL is our new cutting-edge hotel concept that offers hotel rooms in downtown city locations with high quality, modern design and an attractive price combined with smart digital solutions, such as mobile key and mobile check-in. HTL has won several awards since the first hotel opened in 2014: a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, the Travelers’ Choice Award for Hotels 2015 and the Digital Prize of the Year at the Grand Travel Awards 2015.

In 2016, we will begin launching signature hotels. Signature hotels will be characterized by their individual history and personality, developed as clear social meeting places and marketed under their own hotel names with the extension “by Scandic”.

Scandic is constantly working to improve its food and beverage offering by providing organic options. During 2015, Scandic launched a children’s menu that includes only organic ingredients in the Swedish market and in Norway, all Scandic hotels now offer an organic Debio Brons-certified breakfast.

Our guests very much appreciate a good hotel breakfast and it was with great pride that Scandic accepted the award for Norway’s best hotel breakfast 2015.

Vision & mission

A world-class Nordic hotel company that creates great hotel experiences for the many people. Our vision is to be a world-class Nordic hotel company.

We will use our Nordic spirit, culture and way of doing things to be all that we can be as a hotel company. World-class is not about five stars, red carpets or network size, but about delivering an impeccable performance every single day both on stage and behind the scenes for our guests, customers, team members and owners.

That’s how we will make the coming years the proudest and most successful in Scandic’s already very proud history, and become one of the most remarkable hotel companies in the world.

Our mission is to create great hotel experiences for the many people

We exist for as many people as we possibly can. No matter who they are, how they dress, where they’re from or where they’re going, we get out of bed in the morning to create a truly great hotel experience for each and every one – from the moment they first think of us to the moment they check out and tell their friends about it.

We believe a great hotel experience is so much more than just a nice room, bed, breakfast or dinner. It’s a friendly smile, an inviting atmosphere, genuine service and the little something extra; it’s the total experience we create for our guests.

 

 

Om bolaget

  • Grundat: 1963
  • Antal anställda: 14000
  • Länder: 7
  • Omsättning: 10 825 900 TKR

Utvecklingsprogram

  • Finance
  • Hotel operations
  • HR
  • IT
  • Commercials

Talangindex

  • Attraction ranking: 39