At Billerud, we believe that when we keep tomorrow in mind, we will do our very best today. It is thanks to our employees that we are a world-leading company within the field of renewable paper and packaging materials. We work with sustainability at every stage to create a sustainable future – from product to people. Do you want to realize your true value and work for a sustainable tomorrow? Join us!
We are now looking for a Sustainability Manager with focus on sustainability reporting/CSRD/ESRS
Sustainability & Public Affairs is responsible for proactively driving and coordinating Billerud’s sustainability efforts, which constitute a central part of the company’s strategy and business. The team conducts environmental analyses within the sustainability field and works both communicatively and proactively with our surroundings to influence policy and regulatory development, enabling us to address global sustainability challenges.
About the position
Your focus as a Sustainability Manager will be to structurally work with Billeruds sustainability reporting according to the new EU legislation, CSRD (Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive). The role is closely linked to the business, meaning that you will collaborate with other teams and functions to drive initiatives to improve our sustainability performance, as well as provide support in addressing inquiries from our customers.
Your main tasks will be:
- Responsible for structuring, collecting, quality-assuring, and analyzing sustainability data. You develop methods and processes for this with good internal control.
- Coordinate and follow up on sustainability reporting according to CSRD.
- Drive, develop, and monitor group-wide sustainability goals.
- Support the implementation of our new sustainability platform & act as a system support for sustainability data.
- Monitor new regulations within the sustainability field and ensure interpretation and implementation of these within group, while staying updated on trends in the area.
- Assess the company’s and its stakeholders’ needs for information within the sustainability field and support the organization with knowledge, materials, and problem-solving related to sustainability.
- Participate in the development of Billerud’s strategic efforts for a sustainable future.
At Billerud, we put Safety First. Together we take great pride in our responsibility to contribute to a safe work environment. Please read more about our Safety First initiative here.
To succeed in this position, we believe you have:
- -An academic background in sustainability, economics, law, engineering, or equivalent.
- -At least 5 years of previous experience in sustainability work.
- -Documented experience in sustainability or financial reporting.
- -Used to work with annual reports.
- -Experience in participating in projects related to sustainability work.
- -Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English, as well as good proficiency in Swedish.
- -Additional qualifications for the role include knowledge and experience in working with Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and Environmental Product Declarations (EPD).
We place great importance on your personality. To thrive in this role, we believe that you are responsible, possess personal drive, and demonstrate a strong initiative. You have an interest in numbers, reporting, and the ability to process information in a structured manner. Additionally, you have excellent communication skills and constantly work to establish good collaborations with all your contact points. Furthermore, you are highly professional in your role and strive to provide the business with knowledge, insights, and added value in all respects.
Our values are very important for us and we believe that you recognize yourself in: Place customer in center, dare to innovate, lead the change and care for each other.
Welcome with your application no later than 2024-02-18. Selection may occur ongoing.
Our recruitment process will include interviews, recruitment test, reference checks, alcohol- & drug test as well as background checks.
Billerud is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.
For inquiries about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Julia Åkerlund, Talent Acquisition Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join a great team, highly energized, loving a cup of coffee and which is the engine securing Billlerud´s leadership in Sustainability.
- An opportunity to contribute to a more sustainable future
- Development and career opportunities
- Performance-based bonus, occupational pension and a number of different benefits according to company policy.
- Opportunity to hybrid working according to company standard.
Vill du bidra till en hållbar framtid genom ditt arbete?
Billerud är ett världsledande företag inom högpresterande papper och förpackningsmaterial. Vi vågar driva förändring och sätter kunden i fokus genom att utveckla miljövänliga alternativ som utmanar det konventionella inom förpackningsindustrin. Vårt engagemang sträcker sig bortom produkterna; det handlar om att omforma hur företag och konsumenter uppfattar och använder förpackningar för att minimera miljöpåverkan.
Vi sätter säkerheten först. Billerud är ett internationellt företag med starka lokala rötter. Oavsett var du arbetar, är vi stolta över att alltid sätta säkerheten högst upp på agendan.
Förverkliga ditt sanna värde. På Billerud leder vi förändringen i allt vi gör. Vi har en stark inriktning på tillväxt och utveckling, och erbjuder flera möjligheter för anställda att utvecklas både professionellt och personligt.