Site Director – Vimmerby and Visby
As Site Director you will be responsible for leading two dairy sites in Vimmerby and Visby, which are part of Arla Foods’ Business to Business Production organization. You will hold the full responsibility for the Vimmerby site and work closely together with the site manager for the Visby site. You will head up an organisation of 150 engaged and highly skilled colleagues who run a 24/7 operation with high speed and focus on quality. We produce 77,000 tons finished milk powder, primarily used as child nutrition and food ingredients.
About the role
As the Site Director, your job is making sure we provide excellent service to our customers. To do so, you focus on efficiency, making sure we stay competitive, optimising our production setup, securing our product quality and making sure that our dairies are heading in the right direction. More specifically, you:
- head a leadership team of skilled leaders, each focusing on specific areas, e.g. production, maintenance, lean, quality and planning
- make sure we have a safe site, as the safety agenda is our top priority
- collaborate closely with commercial and supply chain functions in Arla
- plan ahead and help us envision the future 5+ years from now.
Reporting to the Vice President, you will assume a key role on both the strategic and tactical level, and together with your colleagues in the management team, you will drive relevant cross-functional projects. Moreover, you will be responsible for driving improvements in all areas and have ongoing follow-up meetings on performance reviews and business plans.
Who are you?
Your success depends on your people and relationship management abilities. That is why you will need the communicative flair and the personal impact to adjust your message to the specific target group – your employees, other leaders, commercial and supply chain functions.
- You hold a university degree within dairy technology, food science or similar.
- You have several years of leadership experience – leading leaders and motivating employees.
- You have solid production knowledge, preferably from driving a site within the food category.
- It is a plus if you have experience with lean tools and change management.
- You communicate effortlessly in English.
Application and contact
If you want to seize this exciting opportunity, please apply as soon as possible. We start processing applications in early January and close the job opening once the right candidate has been found.
For additional information, please call Vice President Niels Lange Jørgensen on + 45 89 38 12 66.
APPLY HERE: Site Director – Vimmerby and Visby (arla.com)