Our company needs you. Remember clipart in PowerPoint? We are the new version in a modern approach. So, if you want to shape what visuals millions of working professionals use around the globe in their presentations, Pickit is for you. This, while living a great life on our beautiful island, Gotland, in Sweden.
Pickit is a 4-year-old startup offering free images for Microsoft
PowerPoint and Word users. Just like Clipart once were but way better. We are an award-winning company, part owned by Microsoft and about to save the globe from boring presentations and unlicensed images. Enter the company now during its early days and you can grow together with our organization.
• Pickit is currently the No. 1 installed app in the Microsoft eco-system globally, among 25k+ apps.
• There are 1.2 billion potential users on Microsoft Office.
• We believe the world needs to be saved from boring presentations as well as unlicensed images taken from search engines.
We’re looking for a Senior Curator to fill a 50% part-time or full-time employment. You will work together with our current curation team to lead and shape our image bank into the No. 1 provider for working professionals.
• On top of a market-based salary – a beneficial health insurance and 5 weeks of paid vacation.
• Possibility to buy employee stock options.
You need to be a creative visual person. Maybe you worked as an art director or designer before. The role requires you to be able to understand and accept our user’s intent as well as how to match that with visual imagery. You should also feel comfortable working in a technical environment, this is a tech startup afterall.
• Previous experience as a designer in some shape or form
• Technical – Experience using computers and platforms as part of your work. You need to understand how developers view and work with data in some manner.
• Fluent in English, both speaking and writing
Not a must, but a plus
• Know & understand existing copyrights and image licensing on the market
• Experience from working with a stock Image provider
• Previous experience from working with customer insight
• Experience from presenting in front of an audience
• Experience from working in a large organization
• Lead our curation team together with our current lead person
• Collect information and data in what users want
• Making sure our image bank is up to date and tailored for our customers need
• Supervise our Legally Cleared licensing process
• Be a stakeholder for developing tools for making our own image management more efficient
• Be a stakeholder for image tools we offer the market in future
The Location: Pickit HQ is in Visby, Gotland Sweden and our other office in Seattle, WA USA. Gotland is one of Sweden’s most popular summer destinations. Beautiful beaches, rich history and a welcoming climate. Gotland is usually one of the sunniest places in Sweden, which doesn’t say a whole lot to be honest. But our tech startup lives in an upcoming area for entrepreneurs, enjoying the quality of life of picturesque Visby. On top of that, travels to tech or art hot spots around the world.
Why Should You Apply?
• With your help, Pickit can be the sixth unicorn to come out of Sweden.
• You will help change the way people at work use images around the globe.
• We work internationally but follow Swedish law and culture.
• Growing with Pickit current small team of 20 employees + 5 consultants will
give you great opportunities to be part of the core when we
Send application now to
Rob Dysell, CMO, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org