At Billerud we believe that when we have tomorrow in mind, we will do our very best today. Do you want to work for a sustainable tomorrow? Join us!
We are now looking for a Performance Improvement Manager to join our journey of driving our business to next-level achievement!
This is a permanent position located at the headquarters in Solna or at one of Billerud’ s mills in Gävle, Skärblacka, Frövi, Gruvön or Karlsborg.
In 2023 Billerud initiated a 3-year strategic profit and efficiency enhancement program targeting an EBITDA uplift of BSEK 1.5 delivered through structural and sustainable efficiency improvements. The program covers all major workstreams such as Operations, Commercial, Procurement, Wood Supply, as well as Corporate, but most importantly address areas spanning across functions to improve the way we work together.
To orchestrate and facilitate the overall performance improvement program and coach the workstreams to secure timely delivery of the ambition by keeping adequate “drumbeat” and financial rigor we are now setting up an inhouse Project Management Office (PMO) to function as the “Program Engine”. As member of the PMO you will contribute to ensuring executional certainty, coordinating the program, validating, and approving business cases and concluding if the initiatives are measurable. Furthermore, the PMO should identify and prioritize performance improvement initiatives and track how they impact P&L and working capital in order to set milestones and assign accountabilities. The PMO-team should also ensure that change management and communication programs are in place and establish a strong performance management culture and robust governance framework.
Your main tasks will be:
- Monitoring the performance of individual initiatives to support their execution and identify potential milestone slippage or value leakage
- Drive cross-functional discussions to unlock cross-functional value
- Preparing material for monthly steering committee meetings regarding program status, potential escalations and decision points needed
- Coach the workstreams in preparing initiative deep dives in the steering committee meetings
- Act as a problem solver and facilitator for the separate workstreams to mitigate risks and remove blockers
- Conduct workstream workshops on program related topics such as pipeline ideation and business planning, when needed
- Owner/super-user of the Program performance tracking system used
- Compile monthly reporting of the financial program impact and reconciliation with the P&L
- Conduct regular follow up of select KPI’s related to competitor peer group comparisons
- Facilitate and analyse bi-monthly pulse checks
- Strike a balance between coaching and challenging workstreams in weekly PMO review meetings to support them in resource planning and prioritization to reach the set targets on time
At Billerud, we put Safety First. Please read more about our Safety First initiative here.
To succeed in the position as Performance Improvement Manager, we believe you have:
- Master of Science or similar in Business Administration or Engineering.
- At least 3-5 years’ work experience, preferably from management consulting and/or transformation program management.
- Solid project management skills.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills and ability to process, analyze and present large sets of data in a clear manner to senior management.
- Fluent in English and Swedish
- Specific competence within either Operations, Commercial, Procurement or Wood supply.
- Basic knowledge of finance.
For us, personality is important. To succeed in this position, we believe you are structured, positive and result-driven. You also need to have a problem-solving mindset and a strong ability to build collaborative relations across the organization. Furthermore, leadership skills and high integrity combined with strong communicative ability and a curious, analytic and strategic mind is important.
Our values are central in our business and we believe that you recognize yourself in: Place customer in center, dare to innovate, lead the change and care for each other.
If you want to know more about the role you are welcome to contact recruiting manager Mattias Gelinder, Finance Program Director and M&A, at Mattias.email@example.com.
Welcome with your application no later than September 15, 2023. The recruitment will be carried out based on continuous selection.
Billerud is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.
- An opportunity to contribute to a more sustainable future
- Development and career opportunities
- Performance-based bonus, occupational pension and a number of different benefits according to company policy.
- Opportunity to hybrid working according to company standard.
Our recruitment process will contain: Interviews, recruitment test, references, alcohol- & drug tests and background check.