Henkel Consumer & Craftsmen Adhesives holds leading market positions and offers high-quality branded solutions to a wide target group ranging from consumers to professionals. Well-known brands are Loctite, Pritt, Pattex & Plastic Padding.
An opportunity has arisen within the marketing department as Nordic Category Marketing Manager.
In your role you’ll form a strategic partnerships with selected customers, convert insight into action and drive category growth. You’ll drive customer and category growth and develop joint local business plans to further strengthen Henkel brands and business relationships
Even though Henkel holds a leading position worldwide this is not yet the case in Nordics for all channel markets and therefore you have all the tools and possibilities to grow the business by taking market shares through outperforming the competition.
Some of your main key objectives include
- Ownership of consumer and shopper insight programme – work closely with agencies to devise specific research objectives & briefs
- Bring shopper study, channel knowledge, market data and trends to life & use insight from this to identify category growth drivers & create short and long-term Category Strategies, Shopper Plans & Point of Purchase Actions (POP).
- Contribute to key customer partnerships with the aim to be category captain with strategic & potential strategic customer
- Managing channel budget – planning of channel specific activities or promotions (BTL calendar, Point of Sales material, Merchandising and specific customer online advertising)
- Make proposals to our customers on what the optimal range and layout for the category looks like (building planograms)
- Through insights from the shopper analyses support messaging and designing and produce educational and navigational materials which help to improve the shopper experience
- Work collaboratively & cross-functionally with Sales & Brand Marketing team to present category proposals & align key stakeholders within our customer’s business as well as our own
- Activate Henkel strategic initiatives in conjunction with Brand Marketing, such as NPD launches, ATL promotional campaigns & portfolio management
- Responsibility for targeted Online Channel Marketing management (essentially considering how to take a category management approach online)
- KPIs (key performance indicators) are; category growth (relative), distribution, POP improvement -share of shelf, navigation & segmentation, Point Of Sales, Sales out growth (where data available) & Online presence at targeted customers and channels
- Create and foster a dynamic and ambitious team environment
Qualifications, experience & qualities required:
- University degree (Economics/Marketing).
- 3- max 5 years of previous working experience, mainly in Category Management, Brand Marketing and or Sales. Preferably from FMCG industry (Food/Non-Food)
- Proficient IT skills and particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Google analytics.
- Fluent English. Finnish is a merit and knowledge of Nielsen spaceman program is a merit
Personal characters that will make you both thrive and deliver in the role:
- Strategic thinker with high level of commercial & business acumen
- Strong problem-solving ability with the judgement and analytical ability to go into depth with internal & customer financial data. High attention to details
- Ability to turn analyses into creativity and create selling presentations
- Excellent communicator & influencer with strong presentation skills
- Proven negotiator with a focus on win-win outcomes
- A natural aptitude for sales & self-starter attitude with a passion and determination to succeed
Applications will be handled continuously. Apply to the right.