Arla Foods is embarking on one of the highest single year investments in the company’s history, with plans to spend €335m across the global supply chain. We are currently looking to recruit a Project Manager to join us at either one of our offices in Sweden or at our head office in Aarhus. Most projects will be at Swedish dairies although your role will also involve travel to Arla production facilities across Europe. In this role you will report to the Director for CAPEX Projects and you will provide strong support to Operations at the production sites mainly in Europe but potentially at any other site in the world.
Your top priority is to support our production sites with world class CAPEX Project Management, mainly in Sweden but also at any other Arla location in the world. In your role as a Project Manager you will also:
- Perform feasibility studies and recommend directions for optimal project design in an accurate manner and provide support in the process of developing and approving a business case.
- Own contracting and monitoring of vendors performance and maintain the relevant business relationship accordingly.
- Monitor and control projects and the involved project members and report possible deviations to suppliers and internal customers.
- Document both approved project plans and specifications as well as regular progress reports and budget compliance.
- Finally you will lead effective project meetings, inform stakeholders in a timely and precise manner while creating a positive and proactive environment of project management excellence and continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate shows 5 years of experience as a Project Manager within a global FMCG company or within any other process industry. Specific experience around capital expenditure projects would be advantageous. As this position will be working closely with our Production sites, it is preferred that you have a technical education and work experience but we would also welcome applications from Project Managers with different experiences.
Strong business acumen helps you in both liaising with Senior Site Directors and VP Operations but at the same time you must be comfortable on the factory floor in a hands on capacity. Sovereignly dealing with ambiguity enables you to move confident on senior leadership level and act as a leader yourself by setting purpose and vision – even without formal authority
You are an independent self-starter equipped with the personality to work under a minimum of operational guidance. The nature of the role will mean regular travel around Europe (mostly UK, Germany, Sweden and Denmark)
Fluency in English and ideally Swedish is required. Candidates who can also speak German and Danish will be in an advantageous position.
Application and contact
We look forward to receiving your application. Apply now later than 15th of January 2018. We will screen applications on an ongoing basis and the position can be filled before last application date. Welcome to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the position.